Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blog Seven

Roe Ethridge, Old Fruit, 2010
I chose this image because I find it very interesting that the photographer chose to preserve something so revolting in such a beautiful manner.

http://www.moma.org/interactives/exhibitions/2010/newphotography/roe-ethridge/old-fruit/

Zeke Berman, Interior, 1982, 16x20in.
I chose this image because I like the nostalgia that it evokes.  Even though the subjects seem very staged and the photograph was taken very deliberately, it still feels like it's preserving a memory or some specific place in time.

http://zekeb.com/galleries/1980-1984/1980-1984.shtml

Both of these images are still lives.  Ethridge's image, technically speaking, follows more of a traditional layout of a still life.  The subject matter however, is a little unconventional, usually something not dead or rotting is included.  Berman's image is not set up quite as traditionally as Ethridge's.  It could be considered a contemporary still life.  But like Ethridge's,  the items included seem to be there very purposefully, like they are meant to convey something specific. 

Images of My Own:


I chose this image for its simplicity.  I like how there isn't much in the photo, but the little there is, can be pretty powerful.  A lot of symbolism can be drawn from a window that is included in a photograph.


I chose this image mostly for the color.  I love photos with saturated, vibrant colors.  I also like that the pumpkins fill the entire frame, leaving room for nothing else.


I chose this photo because of its extreme perspective.  I think the use of perspective can add interest to something that may otherwise be boring.  I also like the contrast of the vibrant blue sky with the muted colors of the worn wood and corn stalks.

No comments:

Post a Comment