Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blog Four







Edward Ruscha, Phillips 66, Flagstaff, Arizona, 1962, from Twentysix Gasoline Stations, 1963. Gelatin silver print, 4 11/16 × 4 11/16 in. (11.9 × 11.9 cm). Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; purchase with funds from The Leonard and Evelyn Lauder Foundation, and Diane and Thomas Tuft  2004.467
This image relates to the work I did for the first project because they are documentary.  I was documenting events of my typical summer, Ruscha was documenting gas stations. 



"Untitled" (For Stockholm), 1992
15-watt light bulbs, extension cords, porcelain light sockets
Overall dimensions vary with installation
Twelve parts: 62 ft. in length each
ARG# GF1992-25
Installation view of "Felix Gonzalez-Torres" at Magasin 3, Stockholm Konsthall, Stockholm, 1992

http://www.andrearosengallery.com/artists/felix-gonzalez-torres/

This image is related to my project because of the use of light.  My photos of the fireworks, other than being documentary, were based on light and pattern.  This installation also concerns light and patterns the lights make.




24 pieces by Allen Ruppersberg
Published by Sunday Quality, Los Angeles. No date, but 1970.
Spiral bound.
Edition of 600

http://littlebrownmushroom.wordpress.com/24-pieces-by-allen-ruppersberg/

 These images relate to mine because they are of places where it seems people should be.  Yet, like mine there are no people present in the locations when the photos were taken.



Images of My Own:

































I chose this image because I like the detail in the rust and the color of the paint.  


















































I like this image because it was taken at night.  I also like the way the moonlight is reflected off the clouds.




















































I chose to post this image because it is a reminder of fun times and good company.  It makes me look forward to the weekend.  I also like how the light is reflected off the glasses.

1 comment: