Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog Two

Whitney Museum of American Art
Collecting Biennials
January 16-November 28, 2010
Edward Hopper, Early Sunday Morning, oil on canvas, 1930.
 











http://www.whitney.org/Exhibitions/CollectingBiennials

I like this painting because it is so lonely.  This seems like a place that should be full of people, but it is completely deserted.


The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Between Here and There: Passages in Contemporary Photography
July 2, 2010-Feburary 13, 2011
Weng Fen, Sitting on the Wall: Haikou V, chromogenic print, 2001.
  















http://www.metmuseum.org/works_of_art/collection_database/all/sitting_on_the_wall_haikou_v_weng_fen

This photograph is interesting to me because of the balance.  There is almost an equal amount of foreground and background.  The weight of the brown ground balances out the busyness of the clouds and the buildings on the top.

Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Catherine Opie: Figure and Landscape
July 5-October 17, 2010
Catherine Opie
  


















http://www.lacma.org/art/artOpie.aspx

I chose this image because it has interesting subject matter.  Putting images of high school football players into a fine art and gallery setting isn't something that I expected.

Images of my own:














I chose this picture because I like the range in distance included in the image from the water in the foreground to the mountains in the distance.

















I like this image because it puts the viewer in exactly my position when I took the picture. I also really like the view.

















I like this image mostly because of how the subject matter in the background is framed by the trees in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment