Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog Three

Berenice Abbott
Canyon: Broadway and Exchange Place
c. 1935-39
      





















This photograph is taken from an extreme perspective.  The placement of the photographer shows the massive scale of the buildings.  The image is also interesting because the highly patterned areas, like the windows, are balanced by blocks of black shadow and white sky.

Ansel Adams
The Tetons and the Snake River,
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
1942



















This photograph is compositionally and technically strong.  The image includes an incredible range of grays while including both white and black.  The detail of this complex landscape is fantastic.

Robert Mapplethorpe
Calla Lily
1984





















Even though this is an image with very simple subject matter, it is visually interesting.  The range of light grays to white on the flower gives it volume.  The blackness of the background gives the flower an immense importance.











I like how the light glows on the clouds in this image.  I also like the silhouette of the mountain and how it is a mystery what actually exists there.















I chose this image because I like macro photography.  I also like how it is hard to tell exactly what kind of bug this is.  It just looks hairy and creepy.















This image reminds me of my adventures flying in small planes; it's nostalgic.  I also really love aerial photography and the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment