Monday, September 6, 2010

Blog One

Guggenheim: New York
Broken Forms: European Modernism from the Guggenheim Collection
July 9, 2010-January 5, 2011
Franz Marc, Broken Forms, 1914, (detail)


 









This piece caught my eye because of the interesting patterns of color and shape.  I like how the different shapes and colors are separate, yet they blend together in some areas.

San Fransisco Museum of Modern Art
Picturing Modernity
July 17-October 3, 2010
William Christenberry, T. B Hick's Store, Newbern, Alabama, 1991/2008
 














I like taking photographs of old, rundown places.  So I immediately liked this photo because it relates with what I do in my own work.  I like the juxtaposition of the bright colors on the old, dilapidated building.

Walker Art Center
Guillermo Kuitca: Everything—Paintings and Works on Paper, 1980-2008
June 26-September 19, 2010
Guillermo Kutica, El mar dulce, 1986
 
















http://calendar.walkerart.org/canopy.wac?id=4672&hp=link&poster=Exhibitions
This piece feels mysterious to me.  I like that I can't tell what's going on; it makes me more interested in the piece.  I also like the overwhelming use of red.

Images of my own:

















I decided to post this image that I took of the moon rising because it has interesting light patterns.  I like how the amount of light is minimal, but not boring.














I like this image because it really captures Claire's personality.  I also like the strong sunlight on her face and the shadows it creates.













I picked this image because of the perspective.  I also like the texture of the rocks and the roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment